Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life goes on answer to question 1 of 100


1. What are some of the ways you’ve dealt with having a traumatic upbringing? What are some of the things you would suggest to someone who has gone through similar past experiences to get on with his or her life?


    Every one deals with pain and suffering in their own way. There are some people who are angry and bitter, there are some who chose to ignore it completely.  There are still others like me who chose to embrace what has happened to them and fold it into their daily life enriching every moment to the fullest. 
How have I dealt with the terrible things that I have happened to me?    
      I write as much as I can happy stories, sad stories, flash fiction contests, blog comments, emails, I am a member of yahoo groups where I pretend to be a wolf or a dragon, discussion groups about the books that I am reading, and a group about writing. I write my own story to tell people what has happened to me. All of this writing helps me work through emotional turmoil of my everyday life and is a wonderful release of pent up emotions. Now don't get me wrong not every day is roses and lollypops there are days where my past comes rolling back into my life like a mac-truck knocking me for a loop but I always try and remember that life goes on. There is always the beat of your hart that remains constant. Like in the Reba McEntire song "For My Broken Heart" “Life goes on the world doesn't stop for my broken heart.” There are good days and there are bad days but if I learn from the bad and cherish the good then life can go on.

So how can suffers from a past or present deal with there pain?
I know that writing is not for everyone but I do know there is something out there for everyone. There is a fervor that is hidden in all of us. You may not know it yet but there is some spark inside you that is waiting to become a raging fire of passion that once it consumes you will become helpless against its will. The trick is to find that spark and give it kindling. I know that that is very vague but every person is different and what works for me may not work for you. Just remember that even though you think that you are alone there is always someone out there who loves you very much and they keep watch over you whether you care for them to do so or not.

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Sally. It's so good that you have found something that helps you deal with the past. I also find writing very therapeutic.

    I entered my story in the contest so it's one of the four over at DevinWrites. I'm so proud of myself that I actually did it! Do you know that this is the first contest I've ever entered?

    I haven't had a chance to read your story yet. I've been pretty busy and I have a ton of personal strife going on right now. I will get to it...I promise. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you are both active members of my forum. You both add so much to our group!

    ReplyDelete