Wednesday, July 17, 2019

My husband Vs My Father Answer to question 13 of 100


In case you forgot in my absence Writing prompt questions

13. In what ways is your husband similar to your father and in what ways is he different? Have the two of them ever met each other? If so, what was it like, if not, create a hypothetical situation in which they met and chatted.
   
      I have been avoiding answering this question for two reasons, the first being one of my greatest weakness as a writer besides the over use of the word "that" is switching between tenses, past present, and the future, all get mixed together sometimes even in the same sentence. So how do you compair two individuals, one who has resided in the past, while the other is in the present. I still have not figured this out but can not put this off any longer, I am going to just power though, it is not as if this is some massive novel it is mearly a humble blog that I have been neglecting. The second is the very nature of this question requires me to write about my husband who will no doubtably read this if he can get past the first paragraph without getting bored and moving on. Now my husband reading my work in itself would not be a problem except, he always worries about everything. He would  defiantly care about how others will perceive him through my eyes and I do not want to offend him with my words.This my be unavoidable so I beg his forgiveness.
     
     My husband and father, first let me tell you about my father. If you were to ask my brothers to discribe my father they would probably say he was a mean drunk who had no regard for their suffering or their feelings of betrayal and neglect. The believed he just wanted to control them so there was no conflict.  Throughout our childhood my brothers would asked me if I was mad at our dad and I replied "No" every time,  this is not only because it is not in my nature to be mad at someone, I guess I can just see their insides and understand why their exteriors are so ruff around the edges.  To me my father was the man who stood infront of an entire congregation in a dress and lip sang, "Big Girls Don't Cry." He came to my rescue when my candle lighter went out on the way up the isle to light the advent candle. He was the guy who laughed with me so hard at Harry and the Hendersons that we both could hardly draw breath, he was the father who asked me everyday if I had seen Ellie the invisible color changing elephant. In reality he suffered from severe PTSD, and AADHD inattentive type, who bottled up his feelings so much they killed him.
    
    Now to my husband,  the question is where to begin? Let us start on the inside and work our way outward. First of all he has PTSD, AADHD, OCD, GAD,  BD1, and HS. His back is broken and he has severe edima. You would think with all of that weight he has to carry,  he would be a hard person. On the contrary he is one of the softest people I have ever met this does not mean that he is a weakling in any regard he can step up to a challenge if the need arises. I simply mean his heart is not broken. It overflows with love and emotions. Sometimes he is sad sometimeshe is angry but for the most part he is a jolly guy who is quick with a joke, smart, resourceful, and thoughtful of others. He worries alot about the world and what others think of him. He doesn't always see that people care about him, so he feels alone. He is a great muse and a wonderful friend. He loves me despite my flaws and short cummings. His passion for everything he does is massive and his knowledge is vast. He is a caring participating father who loves his children.
      
    So on to the question of my husband's and father's differences, it is like east verses west. My father was a bottler while my husband wears his emotions on his sleeve. My father said nothing, while my husband tells it like it is and then apologies for it afterwards. My father was a workaholic then an unresponsive zombie. My husband does as much as his body allows then plays to ease the pain.  My father did as little as possible to raise us while my husband does as much as he can for our children. Now on to the likes they both are jokers, they love movies, they love me, they like music, and they both have deep scars and fears that effect how they interact with people.
     
      Would they have gotten along? My answer to that is yes and no. The dark side of my father would have hated my husband. He would have been sceptical of his intentions and would have been convinced that he would harm me. He would have advised me not to marry him. The part of my father whom I knew and loved would have noticed how well my husband takes care of, and loves me I truly believe in time he would have accepted him. I think this is why one of my brothers likes my husband while the other does not as they are half of my father one geting the brooding darker side while the other the thoughtful fun side. 
      On one hand I am glad my husband and father never met, it takes away all need to beg my dad to like my husband on the other hand my husband had to deal with my uncle and brothers it is something his photogenic brain can never forget. He spends many hours replaying the situation and hates them for their misjudgment. I am truly sorry he had to suffer their rath and wish I had done more to quench thier fears before they interacted with eachother.



To find out what this question is all about check out my post here

Now what 100 writing prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment