Friday, September 16, 2011

Time is a funny thing. Answer to question 8 of 10

8. Do you think that your childhood situation would have been different in a different era, like 50 years earlier or 30 years later? How would it be different? Would it have stopped sooner or kept going longer?

Time is a funny thing when you turn back the clock or turn it forward things either slow down or speed up.
    I think that if this had happened 50 years earlier and all the members stayed the same. Then it still would have ended up in the same way it would have just taken longer and there might have been a tragedy that I don't know if I could have recovered from.
   That said this had happened 30 years latter I think that it would have been processed a lot faster and we may not have been harmed as much. 
    The real factor would have to be the people involved. I was removed from the home because my brother was going to attempt suicide and my stepmother refused to come and get me after a girl hit me with a backpack and my eye swelled shut. My older brother called my aunt and uncle and begged them to take us. If all of these things had not occurred in the order that they did when they did who knows what would have happened.
    I know that what happened was a terrible thing that I would not wish on anyone including my young self but it has made me who I am today and I would now not part with it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment