Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When Did That Happen?

      As of late a strange thing has happened to me and I am not sure how to react to it. Several individuals have approached me and said. "As a more experienced writer will please read and critique my work?"
What! Me a more experienced writer? When did this happen? I still feel so young and naive when it comes to writing. Maybe I have moved up a notch to a middle area. If this is so, where does this leave me? I am wondering if there is a new code of conduct to fallow? Like moving from lower to middle class income puts you in a higher tax bracket.
Then again, I could be just fooling myself into believing that I have moved up the invisible writing ladder. When, the whole truth is that I remain exactly where I have always been. I have certainly not improved my grammar or spelling any.
 
     So where does this leave the people who have asked me to look at their work? I think, at least for now; I will just read their work as an experienced reader. I know what I want to read. If I give them my honest opinion based on readability they will get what they came for. After all they don't want me to write it for them they just want to know how well they have written it. As a writer myself I totally understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment